GROUND PENETRATING RADAR
Working in concrete poses hidden dangers. Knowing the precise location of rebar, post tension cables and embedded utilities is critical for operator and public safety. It also ensures structural integrity. Design and Construction professionals involved in concrete cutting, chipping and coring now have a safe and reliable means for working in this environment: high resolution concrete scanning using Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR).
High resolution concrete scanning GPR offers a detailed view of "what's within." This process yields real time results which are not possible with traditional radiographic (x-ray) methods. As important, using GPR is safe and does not require the evacuation of the public and other personnel.
Our system offers a quick and efficient inspection of slabs, floors, ceilings, roofs, columns, beams, decks, encasements, pylons, balconies, bridges, tunnels and more. We can identify metallic and non-metallic utilities, conduits, rebar, post tension cables, voids and slab thickness. A full report of your survey can be drafted to include AutoCad overlays, photos and radar profiles per ASTM 6432.
- Concrete Scanning Inspection
- Locate reinforcement (spacing, size, and cover), and Determine Slab Thickness.
- Locate shear studs in metal decking slabs.
- Structural Inspection
- Slabs, Columns, Walls, Ceilings, Decks, Bridges and Reinforcement Corrosion Mapping.
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Slab Thickness and Cover
- Void Detection
AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR TESTING AND METERIALS
- D6432-99 - Standard Guide for Using the Surface Ground Penetrating Radar Method for Subsurface Invesgitation
- D6087-08 - Standard Test Method for Evaluating Asphalt-Covered Concrete Bridge Decks Using Ground Penetrating Radar
- D4748-10 - Standard Test Method for Determining The Thickness of Bound Pavement Layers Using Short-Pulse Radar
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF CIVIL ENGINEERS
- Standard 38-02 - Standard Guideline for the Collection and Depiction of Existing Subsurface Utility Data
- Publication - Ground Penetrating Radar - Deciphering the Signals
- Publication - Nondestructive Evaluation of Concrete Infrastructure with Ground Penetrating Radar
- Publication - Inspection and Condition Assessment Using Ground Penetrating Radar
- Publication - Effectiveness of Ground Penetrating Radar in Predicting Deck Repair Quantities